300,000 people are expected to flood Las Vegas this June (8, 9, 10) for Insomniac Event's massive 3-day Electric Daisy Carnival.
The newly released flyer really got us excited: "America's Largest Dance Music Festival. 3 Nights. Seven Stages. Immersive Audio & Visual Production. Interactive Art Installations. Hundreds of Theatrical Performances. 300,000 Fans. Dusk Til Dawn."
But this lineup is what's getting me excited! Insomniac really knows how to put a lineup together, and hopefully, with this lineup and this many fans, this edition of EDC will be the biggest and best to date.
Who we're excited is making the trip this year to Vegas, and why:
- The English trance trio Above & Beyond - besides being the brains behind the popular radio show TATW (Trance Around the World), Above & Beyond really knows how to rock the house. Their popularity has risen in the past year as more and more people discover the great talent under the Anjunabeats label. We also missed seeing them at this year's edition of Ultra Music Festival, and can't wait for them to get the crowd going at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway!
- The French electronic band Dirtyphonics LIVE is guaranteed to get the Vegas crowd's energy going with their dirty drum and bass lines and heavy electro rhythms.
- The lesser known progressive-trance DJ Eco. I've seen him play some great sets at raves in NYC, and it'll be exciting to see how he does with such a massive crowd.
- The tried and tested Excision. Why were you not at Ultra?! Absolutely guaranteed to be a filthy bass-driven, head-banging good time.
- The king of dubstep, Flux Pavilion - One of my absolute favorite dubstep artists. Hoping he'll bring down the house with his collaborator Doctor P.
- The rising progressive-house star Hardwell. Recently named an "EDM artist to watch" by MTV, Hardwell is guaranteed to melt the faces of EDC attendees with his heavy, danceable house beats.
- The Colorado glitch-hop, funk star Pretty Lights. Guaranteed to be a great set filled with jazz and rock- inspired beats.
- The American king of dance Kaskade! He killed it at Ultra. He will kill it at EDC again this year. Here's a video of his performance at last year's Electric Daisy Carnival.
- Zeds Dead, baby! The ultimate dubstep act is still going strong after producing track after track of pure, filthy bass-filled genius.
Complete Lineup: 16 bit, Above & Beyond, Adventure Club, Afrojack, Alesso, Aly & Fila, AN21 & Max Vangeli, Andy C: Alive, Angger Dimas, Armin Van Buuren, Arty, A*S*Y*S*, ATB, Avicii, Bassjackers, Bassnectar, Benny Benassi, Blue Man Group, Borgore, Brennan Heart, Calvin Harris, Camo & Krooked, Carl Cox, Chase and Status, Chris Lake, Chuckie, Circuit, Coone, Cosmic Gate, Crizzly, Dada Life, Danny Tenaglia, Darksiderz, Dash Berlin, Datsik, David Guetta, D-Block & S-te-Fan, Deco, Delta Heavy, Dennis Ferrer, Dieselboy vs Bare, Digitalism, Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike, Dirty South, Dirtyphonics Live, DJ Ammo, Dodge & Fuski, Downlink, Doctor P, Dubfire, Eco, Ed Rush & Optical, El Pulpo Mechanico, Emalkay, Endymion, Erick Morillo, Excision, Feed Me, Fedde Le Grand, Felix Cartal, Ferry Corsten, Figure, Flux Pavilion, Flaming Lotus Girls, Funkagenda, Funtcase, Fury, Gabriel & Dresden, Gaiser, Gareth Emery, Green Velvet, Hardwell, Harvard Bass, Headhunters, High Contrast, Hype, Isaac, Jack Beats, Jaytech, JDX, Joachim Garraud, Jochen Miller, John Digweed, John Rundeli, Josh Wink, Kaskade, Kill the Noise, Knife Party, Koan Sound, Kristina Sky, Kyau & Albert, Lady Faith, Laidback Luke, Little Boots, Loadstar, Loco Dice, Magda, Manufactured Superstars, Markus Schulz, Martin Solveig, Mat Zo, Michael Woods, Moby, Modestep, Morgan Page, MSTRKRFT, Mt Eden, Nervo, Nicky Romero, Nicole Moudaber, Noisia, Paco Osuna, Porter Robinson, Pretty Lights, Q-dance, Rank 1 Live, R3hab, Richie Hawtin presents Enter., Sander van Doorn, Sebastian Ingrosso, Sidney Samson, Steve Angello, Steve Aoki, Sunnery James & Ryan Marciano, Technoboy, Thomas Gold, Tiesto, Tommy Trash, Tritonal, UMEK, W&W, Wilkinson, will.i.am, Zany, Zeds Dead, Zomboy + more to be announced!!!
By Edward Fancher