With the success of, arguably, the largest EDM experience to hit this lifetime (EDC Vegas), Pasquale Rotella, and Insomniac Events owner, has released the lineup for the 2012 New York City Electric Daisy Carnival. Some initial thoughts and comments:
Trance producer and DJ veteran, Armin van Buuren headlines Friday night. Although this heavyweight has yet to release an album since the well praised ‘Mirage,’ he continues to keep fans satisfied touring the EDM circuit. Highly anticipated performance.
22 year old House producer Tim Bergling, aka Avicii, will finish out Saturday night. He is sure to “Level” the crowd bringin’ his club bangers and mainstream pop sensibilities to the EDM crowd.
Dutch native Afrojack will close out the festival Sunday night… and with being ranked 7th on DJ Mags’ top 100 DJ list he is sure to leave fans sweaty and tired by the end of the crazy set.
Other noteworthy artists:
- Calvin Harris – from singer and songwriter to highly acclaimed DJ, his performance is sure to please. Rihanna popped up for his Coachella performance. Other surprises in store? We wait…
- Sebastian Ingrosso – 1/3 part of Swedish House Mafia… need we say more?
- Madeon – Hugo Pierre Leclercq is an 18 year old French electropop producer. At such a young age, pretty much every performance is his debut at that venue. Catch him now before all the kids are into it.
- Fedde le Grand – He killed it at Cosmic Opera. He’ll kill it at EDC NYC.
- Steve Angello – Pt. 2 of Swedish House Mafia. A must see.
- Thomas Gold – Munich born DJ and SHM favorite. Lookin’ forward to “Sing2Me” in an arena setting.
- Markus Schulz- no newbie to EDM and famous for his “city” compilations, Schulz brings experience to this year’s festivities.
- Nero – droppin’ beats harder than most; their energetic live act and eye-catching light show will keep your body moving.
- R3hab – only two hours of R3hab can prevent a relapse!
- Tritonal - Chad Cisneros and Dave Reed have been taking the EDM scene by storm since 2007. Now they are one of the hottest acts in EDM. Can’t miss.
- Dirty South – Remix machine Dragan Roganovic will capture the casual EDM fan with his interpretations of some of the most well-known artists to date such as U2, Snoop Dogg and Depeche Mode.
With two thirds of the almighty Swedish House Mafia making an appearance, why no full performance? And no Kaskade, Tiesto, Skrillex, Deadmau5 or Laidback Luke leaves me salivating for more. Look for them, or most of them, at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway for EDC Vegas. Here's the full lineup.
By Michael Arnold